Wednesday, September 16, 2009

THE RETURN OF THE SPACEMAN

NRK INTERVIEWS ACE FREHLEY
By Roy Hilmar Svendsenroy.hilmar.svendsen@nrk.no

NRK: Congratulations on your new album, «Anomaly». The day is finally here, after 20 years. How does it feel?
ACE: It feels wonderful! It’s been a lot of long hours in the studio, some nervous moments when I couldn’t find someone right to mix the album, frustrations and all that. But that’s behind me now. I’m very happy with the end result, and I’m thrilled. I’m very excited about unleashing it to the world today.

NRK: Some of the songs really took me by surprise. «A Little Below The Angels» and «It's A Great Life» doesn't sound like anything you've ever put out on record before. What’s the story behind those two?
ACE: It’s me growing as a songwriter and producer, and letting people hear a different side of me. I’m very glad I was able to do that. If I was still a member of Kiss, I wouldn’t be able to break into that territory. That was one of the reasons I left the band, because I wasn’t feeling fulfilled creatively and needed to move forward with my own stuff.

NRK: It seems like you're in a much happier place now than, say, 15 years ago?
ACE: Yeah, that’s definitely true. It should be no surprise to anybody, as I’ve been sober for three years today. That has really greatly enhanced my life and allowed me to be more creative and more focused. It’s to everybody’s benefit, but the one who benefits the most from that, is me (laughs).
Read the rest at http://www.nrk.no/musikk/1.6777682

No comments: