Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Gene Simmons Interviewed Part Two


GENE SIMMONS INTERVIEWED PAT TWO

(from rushonrock.com)

With just five days to go before we experience the Sonic Boom Over Europe tour in all of it’s pyro-fuelled glory we’ve got the second part of our exclusive chat with genial Gene Simmons.
Still going strong after all these years and boasting thigh muscles men half his age would kill for, The Demon talks Donald Trump, William Shakespeare and Family Jewels – and that’s just for starters.
We can’t wait to see the man himself on action in Newcastle on Sunday and we’ll have a review of that show right here within hours of the final curtain falling.
For now sit back and enjoy a few more words of wisdom from an individual who has truly brightened up these pages during the past fortnight.

rushonrock: Do you ever relax?

GS: If I’m loping about then I’m not as good in Kiss. I’m like an athlete who, when he’s not competing, is working out all the time. If you don’t work out you lose your edge when it comes to competition and for me it’s the activity that gets the heart pumping. I am a 60-year-old with the thigh muscles of a man half my age. Use it or lose it – that’s my philosophy. Your lungs, your brain, whatever.


rushonrock: So just how do you keep on top of everything with all your various projects on the boil?


GS: I do what Santa Claus does – I make a list, I check it twice and make sure who’s been naughty and who’s been nice. It’s all very organised. I need to spend time with my family and keep track of my projects and it’s all written down in order. I need to remind myself that Kiss is a brand, not a band.


rushonrock: Do you have a full-time secretary?


GS: I use a traditional diary with room for notes. The Blackberry means well but it’s failing is that it treats all information exactly the same – when it’s not. ‘Blow up the world’ is a big thing and ‘clip your toenails’ should be in small letters because they’re not the same value. See what I mean? But that’s not what the Blackberry does.


Read the entire interview here http://rushonrock.com/2010/04/27/exclusive-kiss-interview-pt2/#more-5100 at the Rushonrock website.

No comments: