Thursday, August 2, 2012

GENE SIMMONS in American Legion Magazine

My America: Gene Simmons

American Legion Magazine

Gene is featured in the August 2012 issue. Here's what he had to say:

"I came to America as a child of 8 with my mother. I soon learned it was my responsibilty to learn to speak English, if I wanted to access all the freedoms and opportunities  America had to offer. It was also my responsibilty to know America's proud history, and to understand that if it wasn't for America, the world would be in chaos. Sometimes my love for this country strikes people as awkward. I don't care.

"The greatness of America, the freedoms we have and the opportunities we are given are made possible only by the proud men and women of our military. Politicians mean well, I suppose. But wars are not won by talking, which is why KISS has always been a proud to support our troops and our veterans. A dollar from every single ticket sold on out last tour went directly to Wounded Warriors. And we are taking active steps today to hire vets.

"It's the least we could do. It's the least America should do"

Gene Simmons:Bassist and co-vocalist, KISS
Born in Haifax, Israel, in 1949, Simmons is an only child of a German Nazi concentration camp survivor (His mom Florence). He and his mother immigrated to New York, where Simmons earned a bachelor's degree in education and taught sixth grade in Spanish Harlem. He also worked as an assistant at Glamour and Vogue.
Photo by J. Frank Hagan (C) 2004, 2012
In 1973, Simmons and Paul Stanley co-founded the rock band KISS, which is the Recording Industry Association of America's No. 1 Gold (record) award-winning group of all time. His reality TV show, "Gene Simmons Family Jewels," is now in it's seventh season. He married his longtime girlfriend Shannon Tweed in 2011.

No comments: