Wednesday, July 27, 2011

KISStory: KISS Performs as a Trio July 27, 2007

KISS PERFORMS AS A TRIO - JULY 27, 2007

Kissonline.com
During the soundcheck for KISS' Soboba show in San Jacinto, Paul Stanley experienced a cardiac event that required medical intervention. Paramedics treated Paul and advised that he would be putting his life at risk if he performed during the show. Paul insisted that Gene, Tommy and Eric carry on and perform the show without him. "Don't let the fans down!"

KISS Manager Doc McGhee took the stage to announce to the crowd that Paul was unable to perform but that Gene wanted to speak with the fans. Gene then took the stage, asking the audience if they wanted the rest of the band to perform. The crowd cheered, and the show went on.

Gene announced that the concert was a tribute to "the greatest voice in Rock and Roll - Rock God Paul Stanley!" With Paul en route to the hospital - Gene, Tommy and Eric played a 14-song set, even inviting fans onstage to help sing "Christine Sixteen." It was the last stop on KISS' "Hit and Run" tour that became an extraordinary chapter in KISStory.

Paul's message to fans, posted the next day:


During sound check yesterday, my heart spontaneously jumped to 190 plus beats per minute where it stayed for over an hour necessitating paramedics to start an IV and give me a shot to momentarily stop my heart and get it into a normal pattern. Not knowing if this episode was life threatening made it even more exhausting. After consulting with both the paramedics and a cardiologist at Cedar Sinai, they confirmed my worst fear. They said that I would put myself at risk if I tried to do the show.
I'm very proud of Gene, Tommy and Eric for carrying on without me. I apologize to anyone I disappointed and I'll make it up to you when I see you again.
- Paul



No comments: