Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Peter Criss' Memoir Set for 2012

Los Angeles Times
KISS drummer Peter Criss will pen a memoir, publisher Scribner announced Tuesday. "Makeup to Breakup" is slated for release in the fall of 2012.

Criss will write the book with the help of Larry "Ratso" Sloman. Scribner's press release promises, "From sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll to multiple brushes with death, 'Makeup to Breakup' will be Peter Criss' unvarnished and eye-opening life story."

While bandmate Gene Simmons has taken his outsize personality to reality television, Criss has had a quieter public persona. He is a breast cancer survivor. "I am so blessed that I am finally going to write my autobiography, and I hope you enjoy the ride," Criss said in the release. "The best of all is I get to share my true feelings of my love for God, family, friends and fame. It's been a wonderful life."

In addition to playing drums in KISS, Criss provided some of the vocals. In fact, he wrote and sang the band's biggest hit, the ballad "Beth."

-- Carolyn Kellogg

Editor's Note: Ace Frehley's memoir "No Regrets" (Hardcover/288 pages), according to Simon & Shuster's site, has a publication date of April 26, 2011. You can pre-order it HERE

No comments: