Friday, September 4, 2009

Q & A WITH ACE FREHLEY


Q&A with ex-KISS rocker Frehley
By DARRYL STERDAN - Sun Media

Congrats on being sober. Over the years, you must have had a million close calls and wakeup calls and interventions and ultimatums. What was different this time that it finally stuck?

It's been a struggle my whole life. I don't like to preach to people or tell them 'Don't drink,' because I don't think there's anything wrong with alcohol. I just got to the point where I was allergic to it. It made me crazy and made my life unmanageable. For me, it just didn't work anymore.

What impact has sobriety had on your music?

Years ago, I always thought that I needed something extra to be more creative or to perform onstage. And that's really just your brain telling you something that isn't so. I actually do everything better now; I perform better, I play better, I write better songs. I'm more focused. This is the first album I've ever produced on my own. And achieving everything I've achieved in the last three years gives me the strength to stay on the right path and move forward.

Were you nervous at first to be touring and recording sober?

Of course. I was very nervous last year when I went on tour. But I got through it, and now it's not scary at all.
Read the rest at http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/Artists/K/Kiss/2009/09/04/10742781-sun.html

No comments: