Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Gene Simmons to Host Classic Rock Roll of Honour

Classicrockmagazine.com

Gene Simmons is to host this year’s Classic Rock Roll Of Honour. And the musician to be given the coveted Living Legend award has also been revealed. Who is it? Read on…


Jeff Beck will follow in the footsteps of such greats as Jimmy Page, Lemmy, Alice Cooper, Iggy Pop and Ozzy Osbourne in being recipient of this honour.

Says Beck: “The Classic Rock Roll Of Honour has always been about great music that inspires and excites others. To be named as a ‘Living Legend’ amongst so many fantastic musicians is an honour. When I was a 6 year old boy I heard Les Paul’s ‘How High the Moon’ over the radio and from that moment on I knew that I wanted to play the guitar and make music. That moment has led me to where I am today. Rock music continues to evolve and its great how established acts inspire the upcoming bands and vice versa, producing more and more great music. I am proud to be a small part of this”.

Simmons will host the event at The Roundhouse in London on Wednesday, November 9. And he’s clearly looking forward to it.

“On that momentous occasion, the planets will align, living legends will gather to honour their own and London will become the centre of the rock & roll universe. It’s one thing being a voracious and loyal reader of Classic Rock, but it’s another to be in the same room as the people who have inspired me to stop flipping burgers and jump up on stage and have a go at it myself.”

No comments: