Thursday, October 8, 2009

WHAT'S GOING ON OVER AT WAL-MART? SONIC BOOM OR BUST?


WAL-MART's SONIC BOOM OR BUST?

(the Kiss Mask)
Photo:MikeinNC
What the hell is going on at Wal-Mart? Having read on the Kiss message board, fans are having trouble finding Kiss Korners in their area and driving miles to the next Wal-Mart only to come up empty. Frustration seems to be the common word.

I, myself included, have been finding trouble as well. I've spoke with reps and store managers whom don't seem to have any answers. One associate told me, "We're having trouble looking for it. We can't find the displays." Okay, how about the merchandise itself? "I don't know" seems to be another common answer. We've checked the list of Kiss Korners on Kiss' website, Kissonline, to be sure we had the correct locations of which stores would be carrying Kiss Korners. Many of these locations in the Philadelphia/South Jersey metro area are, well, short of even a Kiss Mr. Potato Head.

A few of the retailers don't have the album in stock at all! The stores that do have sold out of the album. Which is good news for Kiss. What's not so good news for Kiss is that none of the merchandise that's set for Wal-Mart only is not in stock and on ANY shelves anywhere in the store in what appears to be more than just a handful of locations. It seems to be more wide-spread.

Having no idea when these items will appear, I'm afraid I'll miss the opportunity to purchase Kiss merchandise before the Ebay whores get a hold of them first. I've seen a set of four bags of Kiss M&Ms already on Ebay for a starting bid of $45.

With Halloween three weeks away, there are no Kiss masks and make-up to dress the kids up in- not as of yet. And we won't wait forever for a costume. At least the kids won't.

BELOW IS A INTERVIEW CLIP FROM ROADRUNNER RECORS- KISS' "SONIC BOOM DISTRIBUTOR IN EUROPE.

3 comments:

South Bay Components Inc. said...

Torrance Ca had the Corner set up but it was not pretty

Unknown said...

You're lucky you had one though. Why do you say it wasn't pretty?

MATT said...

I went to 4 different Wal-Marts. I'm in the Philly suburbs.......Harleysville was listed on KISS Online, but they didn't have a KISS Korner...or a clue. My local Wal-Mart didn't have one.
I did find KISS Korners in the Hilltown and Quakertwon Wal-Marts! In Hilltown, they were sold out of the Peter Criss action figure, but I did find Gene, Paul and Ace. They had tons or Potato Heads, and I bought one of the blankets.
Quakertown was nearly sold out of the action figures, but I completed my collection by finding the last "CATMAN"! LOL
I was disappointed that none had any shirts.
When AC/DC did the direct thing with Wal-Mart, they had tons of shirts. Seems like they are missing the boat with KISS.